Sincerely, Miss Canada

Monday, December 19, 2005

Dear Santa,

I think you missed my house when you were passing out Christmas Spirit this season. It's five days 'til, and I don't feel like it's the holidays at all.

Let's start with the fact that Christmas has always had a long, long lead-in throughout my growing up. You know, the first frost, then the first snow... Christmas lights start to go up all over the place and people are bundling up, bustling around, busying themselves with various Christmas preparations. Well, I've yet to see frost this year, let alone snow. I know, I moved to Arizona -- what did I expect? I guess I expected everyone to decorate their cactuses (yes, I honestly envisioned that this is what desert dwellers do). I haven't seen a single cactus decorated yet. What a let down!

I hope when I return to Canada for Christmas I will find you've left my dose of Christmas Cheer at my parents' place. Maybe you just never got my forwarding address. Perhaps a dusting of snow and a trip down Taffy Lane will help to awaken the loud "I LOVE CHRISTMAS!" feeling I usually have weeks before this point.

If not, be sure to stick some Christmas Spirit (or Christmas spirits -- I'm not choosy) in my stocking!

Sincerely,
Miss Canada

4 Comments:

Blogger miss canada said...

Yes, Tracey, they do put up Christmas trees. Just like in Canada there are lots full of real ones, or you can buy a full spectrum of artificial ones as well. I've also heard that some Arizonans go out on a Christmas tree hunt. Yes, that does mean they shoot the tree down!

12/21/2005 4:34 p.m.

 
Blogger miss canada said...

I swear -- you can't make this stuff up.

12/21/2005 4:35 p.m.

 
Blogger miss canada said...

I don't think it was ignorant at all... In fact, I bought an artificial tree because I didn't think that they sold real ones. My husband thought that was hilarious. And not all Arizona is desert -- there are mountainous pine-y regions as well. :)

12/21/2005 5:40 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

natural breast enhancement

11/02/2006 7:12 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 




all material copyright © 2005 alison irving